Greek Sheet Pan Recipe
This recipe is inspired by the Sheet Pan Greek Chicken And Veggies With Tzatziki Sauce by Jessie Shafer. Sheet pan recipes are typically pretty simple and make cooking easy and convenient. Cooking sheet pan recipes in bulk also makes for great meal prep! The best part – cleanup is minimal! Nutritionally, this offers a variety of colors, and thus, nutrients, and quality protein. I would put this on top of rice, quinoa, or with a side of potatoes for a balanced meal!
1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 zucchini, quartered lengthwise
1 squash, quartered lengthwise
1 head of broccoli, cut into florets
1 bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces (can use red, orange, or yellow) 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
1/4 cup avocado oil or olive oil
1/4 cup fresh herbs, roughly chopped (basil, oregano, and/or thyme)
3 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
3 garlic cloves, finely minced
1/2 tsp. fine salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1//2 lemon, thinly sliced
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
Serve with Tzatziki sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 400℉ and position a rack in the middle of the oven. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place the chicken thighs on the baking sheet and scatter the broccoli, zucchini, squash, bell pepper, and onion slices around the chicken.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, herbs, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper. Drizzle over the chicken and vegetables, tossing the vegetables lightly to coat them with the oil mixture. Place a lemon slice over each piece of chicken.
4. Bake for 13 minutes. Remove from the oven and gently stir the vegetables. Return the pan to the oven.
5. Bake for an additional 5 minutes then open the oven and sprinkle with feta cheese.
6. With the pan still in the oven, switch the oven to broil (high) and broil for 3-5 minutes or until the vegetables are lightly browned, the chicken is cooked through (165℉ in the thickest part), and the feta cheese is soft.
7. Remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle additional fresh herbs, if desired. Serve with Tzatziki sauce.